Re: Content Delivery Networks

  • From: John Levine
  • Date: Fri Aug 10 12:57:30 2007

>Very interesting.  We've all heard and probably all passed along that little
>bromide at one time or another.  Is it possible that at one time it was true
>(even possibly for AOL) but with the rise of CDNs, policies of not honoring
>TTL's have fallen by the wayside?

I think you'll still see it in spam zombies, some of which have the DNS info
pre-loaded into them in order to avoid split-horizon anti-spam techniques.

Not much we can do about that until we get sufficient backbone to deal
with the zombie problem and its software enablers.

Regards,
John Levine, [email protected], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.