Re: Cisco CRS-1 vs Juniper 1600 vs Huawei NE5000E

  • From: Giuliano (UOL)
  • Date: Fri Aug 03 19:58:14 2007

Daniel,

Like Juniper T1600 and CRS-1 I have to agree it will be very difficult to compare thinking about performance and S.O functionality (ASICs, Internet Processor 2, Multicasting Matrix Architecture, Hardware Arch, QNX, Real Time OS, I-Chip ASICs, Forwarding Plane, Control Plane and Service Plane etc.) ... thinking that major (95 % ?) of the service providers, telecom companies and research networks (I2, NLR, AARNET, APAN...) in the world are using something the both trades.

We do not have a lot of other companies cases to show.

Juniper has IPv6 implementation since 10 years ? JUNOS 4.2 ? We have to agree (too) they have a lot expertise in how it works under mix, heavy traffic, etc.

Only prices fro this 2 machines are very "HARD" to work !!!

Thinking about Juniper a good suggestion could be the MX Series Family with high concentration of Ethernet High Speedy Interfaces (SFP).

Cisco CRS-1 is very new, right ? People from NLR (I think) is using the 8 slot router with the new IOS XR based on QNX ... Maybe some of them could tell how it works under heavy conditions of traffic, v4+v6 mix with multicast, unicast and MPLS VPNs .. all running togheter.

Thanks,

Giuliano