Redistribute routes from EIGRP into BGP VRF

  • From: Bailey Stephen
  • Date: Thu Aug 02 08:23:36 2007

Hello all,

Currently working on a solution at the moment where I receive specific /25 routes via a leased line into the global routing table via EIGRP on a Cisco 2801.

I then need to inject these routes into a BGP VRF to be advertised onto BGP Peers within the VRF Network.

The /24 routes for the Site LAN are injected via Radius on the DSL Routers so this task makes the /25 more favourable via the Leased Line Router.

IOS Version on 2801 (Router B) = Version 12.4(12a)

BGP VRF Config:

router bgp 65xxx

 no synchronization

 no bgp log-neighbor-changes

 bgp scan-time 10

 no auto-summary

 !

 address-family ipv4 vrf test1

 redistribute connected

 redistribute static

 redistribute eigrp

Simple Diagram attached

Routers C & D do not see the redistributed routes from Router B via BGP.

Not sure if this is an IOS Bug, but this should work??

Thanks

Stephen Bailey