Cisco Interface configuration control

  • From: Sean Figgins
  • Date: Wed Aug 01 21:55:02 2007

I'm looking to see if anyone has used the "privilege" configuration options on Cisco routers and switches to control interfaces that users are allowed to configure.

I'm looking to allow a certain set of our users to only configure a set of interfaces, while allowing our top-level operations guys to configure all interfaces. Today, we accomplish this through tacacs, but we are looking at some hardware that will have conflicting interfaces.

Is anyone doing specific interface configuration control on Cisco devices?

-Sean