Level3 / Qwest routing issues earlier today?

  • From: Chris Riling
  • Date: Thu Jul 26 16:25:21 2007

Hi Guys,

     Was anyone else seeing anything weird going on today? I have an OC-3 to Qwest, and another OC-3 to Level3, (among 2 others to different providers) and when all was well, I was receiving a little over 221,000 prefixes from L3. Then, intermittently I would start losing prefixes from L3 and it would get down to a little over 220,000. When this happened, I noticed I was having intermittent connectivity issues (atleast to one IP I was trying to get to). Doing a traceroute during the "outage" the packets would hit Qwest's network, then L3's, then drop, or sometimes not. I have since admin downed my BGP peer to L3 and everything  has stabilized, but I was wondering if anyone else saw anything going on?

Thanks,
Chris