Re: History of the EPO (Emergency Power Off)

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Thu Jul 26 15:57:28 2007

When I was designing a sizeable machine room at BU I remember getting
into a bit of a debate with someone from buildings because they wanted
(I think the numbers are right) 140F sprinklers and I wanted 175F
sprinklers, images of an accidental sprinkler discharge dancing in my
head (we had halon and all that, but 140F at the ceiling didn't seem
all that high w/ all those big racks.)

     Me:  *I've* got over $2M in computers in that room!
     Him: *I've* got over $20M building around that room!
     Me:  You win!

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | [email protected]           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide