Re: An Internet IPv6 Transition Plan

  • From: Leo Vegoda
  • Date: Wed Jul 25 12:12:21 2007

On 25 Jul 2007, at 14:15, Stephen Wilcox wrote:

[...]

Well, you already say you have major ISPs submitting requests every 6 months, and I guess that is your high water mark so everyone else should be longer (at lease here under RIPE you are supposed to be allocated space for 2 yrs at a time).

A recent policy change means that "The RIPE NCC allocates enough address space to LIRs to meet their needs for a period of up to 12 months."

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv4-policies.html#5

So, we have IANA out of space at eof 2009.. that will then take the RIRs 12 to 24 mo to allocate that out before there is any impact on ISPs.

If there isn't a run on the bank.

Leo