Re: Problems getting Cisco router and Motorola Nextlevel system to work together

  • From: Brian Raaen
  • Date: Wed Jul 25 08:50:11 2007

The buffers are overloading and dropping traffic.  With a Cisco TAC case, the
tech had me increase the buffers so much it wasn't even funny.  The only
problem was about and hour after we tried to tune the buffers, things got
very bad and I had clear them to default to stop a very ugly bigger outage.
This system does indeed involve IPTV set top boxes.  I am unable to use RBE
since the PVC provisioning may change on the units and the VC would not match
what the dhcp lease was originally on.  The way that this Motorola system
implements PVCs baffles me, it does not make any sense to me.  They are
dynamically changing the vci assigning it out of a pool, just like DHCP does
with IPs.  The circuits are not SVCs and the endpoint router is seeing things
change so this is not SPVCs either.  I am trying to think of a way the change
this to work with RBE switching, but the dynamic PVCs are throwing a monkey
wrench into things.  Thank for the help.

--
Brian Raaen
Network Engineer