Re: San Francisco Power Outage

  • From: John Kinsella
  • Date: Tue Jul 24 23:25:24 2007

365 I believe has flywheels...from what I'm gathering it wasn't a
full building outage.  Static switch issues again, anyone?  Either
way, happy I moved out of there.  It was overpriced for when it was
working.

I hear they had a scheduled power outage for maintenance this coming
weekend.  I'll give benefit of doubt and assume it was for something
else, not that they knew they had an issue and had their fingers
crossed[1]

On a related note - one of my clients came to within 5 minutes of
the DC UPSs running out today before power came back.  Generator
truck was still en-route, but hey power's back! So they cancel it.
*sigh*

John
1: ...but not crossed tight enough.