Re: San Francisco Power Outage

  • From: Patrick Giagnocavo
  • Date: Tue Jul 24 21:06:30 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:

I have a question: does anyone seriously accept "oh, power trouble" as a reason your servers went offline? Where's the generators? UPS? Testing said combination of UPS and generators? What if it was important? I honestly find it hard to believe anyone runs a facility like that and people actually *pay* for it.

Sad that the little Telcove DC here in Lancaster, PA, that Level3 bought a few months ago, has weekly full-on generator tests where 100% of the load is transferred to the generator, while apparently large DCs that are charging premium rates, do not.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
[email protected]