An Internet IPv6 Transition Plan

  • From: John Curran
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 23:57:30 2007

Folks -

    There's quite a few IPv6 transition technologies, each with its
    own camp of supporters based on particular world view of the
    hardest & easiest system elements to change.  One of the
    challenges this poses is that it's very easy to get caught up
    in the various transition approaches and miss the high-level
    view of what needs to be accomplished.

    In an effort to communicate one possible transition plan in a
    technology agnostic manner, I've written an Internet draft
    which highlights the expectations that organizations could
    face over the next few years:

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jcurran-v6transitionplan-00.txt

    I'd be interested in hearing any and all feedback from the
    NANOG community on this draft;  feel free to send such
    privately if you'd prefer a degree of anonymity, or have
    the urge to use language inappropriate in public...  ;-)

Thanks!
/John