Re: How should ISPs notify customers about Bots (Was Re: DNS Hijacking

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 17:59:16 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Joe Greco wrote:
Although this seems to be the first bit mistake in over two years, does
that make the practice unacceptable as another tool to respond to Bots?

The practice of blocking public EFnet servers?

As I've said multiple times, sometimes mistakes happen and the wrong things end up on a list. I doubt that was the intent.

Many people have suggested blocking C&C servers used by bots over the years.

Yes, when there are better solutions to the problem at hand.

Please enlighten me.