Re: How should ISPs notify customers about Bots (Was Re: DNS Hijacking

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 14:33:01 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Joe Greco wrote:
Hint: there is no bot.  My traffic is being redirected regardless.  Were I
a Cox customer (and I'm not), I'd be rather ticked off.

Hint: the bots are on computers connecting to the irc server, not the irc server.

Interfering with services in order to clean a bot would be a much more
plausible excuse if there was a bot.  There is no bot.

So are you claiming no bots ever try to connect to that server?