Re: Port 587 vs. 25 [was: DNS Hijacking by Cox]

  • From: Jeroen Wunnink
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 05:27:40 2007

It's a lot more trouble for hosting providers that provide customers with webhosting and E-mail services.

We've had a lot of customers whose ISP decided it was a good idea to close down outgoing port 25, resulting in our helpdesk system being flooded with pissed off customers who suddenly weren't able to send E-mail through our mailservers anymore.