Re: Carrier Recommendations

  • From: Timothy McKee
  • Date: Sat Jul 21 09:48:28 2007

If this is for redundancy, also keep in mind that most 'cuts' occur in the last mile.  Unless you are in a major facility with engineered entrance/egress diversity a failure will result in ALL terrestrial links failing.  This is a very string argument for a limited bandwidth satellite or EVDO backup link.  (Which one depends on many other factors.)

Tim McKee
VP, Network Services