Re: peter lothberg's mother slashdotted

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Thu Jul 12 18:49:52 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Robert Blayzor wrote:

It's not even that.  We all know that 40G technology exists today, this
article doesn't prove anything.

I have to disagree, considering the amount of people I've had to convice that this really is a single 50GHz wave using 40G per second over DWDM system designed for 10G and that it was router

"LC - optical amplification - LC"

with no transponders of any kind. I've sent the Cisco product link on IRC
4-5 times in channels populated by otherwise quite knowledgable people.
Some didn't even know that LC existed even though it's been shipping for
over a year.

People have been under the impression that this was 4 10G waves, each
using 50GHz.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]