RE: TCP congestion

  • From: Brian Knoll \(TTNET\)
  • Date: Thu Jul 12 17:00:42 2007

Are you using TCP offloading on your windows box?  I have seen issues
with that in the past where it was dropping data.  Turn it off and see
if the issue goes away.

Are other the other connections traversing this path seeing the same
issues?

Still - the only definitive way to solve the problem is by getting
captures from both ends.  If you can isolate your wan with taps on each
side and see packets being dropped, you know it's your ATM circuit.

QOS will not help you if you aren't exceeding bandwidth.

Thanks,
Brian Knoll
Senior Network Engineer, TTNET
312-698-6017 desk