Re: Yahoo outage summary

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Mon Jul 09 10:48:24 2007

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:18:25 -0000, "Chris L. Morrow" said:

> While S*BGP seem like they may offer additional protections and additional
> knobs to be used for protecting 'us' from 'them', the very basics are
> obviously not being done so added complexity is not going to really help
> :( Or, perhaps its not that its not going to help its just not going to
> get done because even prefix-lists are 'too hard', apparently.

"Wow, prefix-lists are *hard*" -- BGP Barbie..

You'd think that by now, we as an industry could do better than that.

(Yes, I know the jury is still out on what really happened at L3-Hanaro.
Doesn't change the fact that we collectively shoot ourselves in the foot
because providers will believe the most implausible things from their
neighbors, like announcements for 128/1 ;)