Re: Yahoo outage summary

  • From: Lixia Zhang
  • Date: Sun Jul 08 22:39:58 2007

On Jul 8, 2007, at 6:56 PM, Marcus H. Sachs wrote:

If we had routing registries that were accurate and authoritative, then
soBGP/S-BGP would have something to verify a route change against. It
should not matter if last Friday's event was a leak or a false announcement
- with some sort of verification system we could mitigate errors,
intentional or accidental.

I agree here. So the mostly needed thing is some verification system.
Wonder what people think about this: http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0706/ osterweil.html
something one can start using *now*.
There was virtually no comment after the presentation at last NANOG.

Lixia