Re: Belgian court rules that ISPs must block file-sharing

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Jul 05 21:23:50 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Chris L. Morrow wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,134159-c,internetlegalissues/article.html

Note that this is based on their interpretation of EU law.

and a hearty 'good luck' to them... :( I suppose someone could point the Belgian's over to the Panamanians (who tried to block VoIP, thanks C&W PTT for that 'fun'). Hurray, more clue- legislation...

Does anyone have an english language translation of the eleven methods proposed by the "expert" to implement this order?

I don't think it is going to be pratical, especially since the NSA hasn't
solved the problem of covert channels in decades.  But maybe this "expert"
has come up with something novel.  Or maybe not.

But I'd like to see what was proposed before passing judgement on it.