Re: ICANN registrar supporting v6 glue?

  • From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
  • Date: Fri Jun 29 20:53:05 2007
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nowsp; d=consulintel.es; s=MDaemon; t=1183168131; x=1183772931; [email protected]; q=dns; h=DomainKey-Signature:Received:User-Agent:Date:Subject:From:To: Message-ID:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:Mime-version: Content-type:Content-transfer-encoding:Reply-To; b=EvZF9aq+CTLQDE 7GmSgCB8z8N416/HIIZSZBusy75xHG9dV47jne8vA4tnsEWXaZh7InaTxyopBwKp gOQ/IUYMnDKXe0JkEUSPcb8HqDVh7BWr7JHwUWb/RZALsCSchOldQanIIpZ/tIDO bDHL4JEf5Qsk7H+BXqUrdEaupOAj8=

Because we have designed IPv6 with the view of a smooth transition AND
co-existence, and that means dual-stack, at least in the end-sites.
Otherwise is not *smooth* anymore, and you will find troubles, it is just a
matter of time they will get resolved, of course.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Pete Templin <[email protected]>
> Responder a: <[email protected]>
> Fecha: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:14:30 -0500
> Para: <[email protected]>
> CC: <[email protected]>
> Asunto: Re: ICANN registrar supporting v6 glue?
>
> JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> My view is that deploying only IPv6 in the LANs is the wrong approach in the
>> short term, unless you're sure that all your applications are ready, or you
>> have translation tools (that often are ugly), and you're disconnected from
>> the rest of the IPv4 Internet.
>
> You're entitled to your view.
>
>>> De: Barrett Lyon <[email protected]>
>>> Responder a: <[email protected]>
>>> CC: <[email protected]>

>>> Thanks Jordi, not to sound too brash but, I'm already doing so.  I am
>>> trying not to deploy a hacked v6 service which requires an incumbent
>>> legacy protocol to work.
>
> As said by others, the core infrastructure really should be ready for
> v6-only.  Why should it be so hard?
>
> pt

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !