Re: ICANN registrar supporting v6 glue?

  • From: Barrett Lyon
  • Date: Fri Jun 29 12:47:37 2007

If you deploy dual-stack, it is much easier to keep doing the DNS queries
using IPv4 transport, and there is not any practical advantage in doing so
with IPv6 transport.

Thanks Jordi, not to sound too brash but, I'm already doing so. I am trying not to deploy a hacked v6 service which requires an incumbent legacy protocol to work.

Of course, is nice to have IPv6 support in as many DNS infrastructure pieces
as possible, and a good signal to the market. Many TLDs already do, and the
root servers are moving also in that direction. Hopefully then the rest of
the folks involved in DNS move on.

I would like to support v6 so a native v6 only user can still communicate with my network, dns and all, apparently in practice that is not easy to do, which is somewhat ironic given all of the v6 push lately. It also seems like the roots are not even fully supporting this properly?

-Barrett