Re: The Choice: IPv4 Exhaustion or Transition to IPv6

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Fri Jun 29 10:27:05 2007

Amazink!  Some things on NANOG _never_ change.  Trawling for trolls I must be.

If you want to emulate IPv4 and destroy the DFZ, yes, this is trivial.  And you should go ahead and plan that migration.

As you well known, one of the core assumptions of IPv6 is that the DFZ policy stay intact, ostensibly to solve a very specific scaling problem.

So, go ahead and continue talking about migration while ignoring the very policies within which that is permitted to take place and don't let me interrupt that ranting.

Best Regards,
Christian

--
Sent from my BlackBerry.