Re: Security gain from NAT: Top 5

  • From: Jo Rhett
  • Date: Thu Jun 28 19:33:00 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Jeff Woolsey wrote:
Things sure are different now, aren't they? I remember having a whole
class C from you guys for my half-dozen machines at home... That was a
while ago...

Not from me/us, and not since ARIN existed or cared about usage ;-)

Meer.net before it started operating a colocation company was a just- for-friends ISP business and they were given tons of IP space from their providers back in the mid-1990s and shared it around. What you have is Verio-assigned space.

The colocation division came into being after ARIN existed and has always used strict allocation guidelines.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation