Re: who was the last legit spammer?

  • From: Travis H.
  • Date: Wed Jun 27 00:09:08 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 03:07:26PM +0000, Alexander Harrowell wrote:

> Define "legit" spammer. Do you mean one who was just advertising a
> real product, albeit in an objectionable fashion, as opposed to those
> who are trying to spread malware or commit fraud?

Actually, I meant that they weren't using hacked machines and such;
basically, that they were "advertising" without directly breaking laws.

OT: I am looking for:

1) An affordable decent dedicated hosting company that will let me run
   and administer OpenBSD (preferably) or debian, please let me know.
   By affordable, I mean < $100/mo.  Bandwidth needs are minimal,
   strictly for non-commercial use - personal email/web server.
   I'd like to find a place within the next two days.

2) Someone who will serve as backup DNS (preferably tinydns) for
   this domain

3) Backup MX (preferably postfix)

If you know anyone who can do these, please email me off-list.

--
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even
 death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of the Cthulhu