Re: TransAtlantic Cable Break

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Jun 25 08:23:40 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Chris L. Morrow wrote:
I suppose if you had some special traffic you could qos up that and down
everything else but that wasn't quite what Simon was getting at I don't
think.

Although we may think IP is everything, Internet traffic is not the only type of traffice carried by telecommunication transmission systems.
If you take the entire cable system from a transmission engineer's point of view, it looks different than from an IP engineer's point of view.

Remember last year during the earthquake near Tawain, air traffic control and pstn voice capacity came back faster than Internet capacity.

Convergence isn't all its cracked up to be.