Re: it was damp in belleview

  • From: Saku Ytti
  • Date: Sun Jun 24 02:59:41 2007

On (2007-06-23 08:22 -1000), Randy Bush wrote:

> for those wishing historical perspective on route flap damping, document
> ripe-378 (may 2006) says

> i.e., it's time to turn it off.  you are damaging your customers and
> others' customers.

I've always thought that damping as an idea is a good one, but implementation
is done horribly wrong. I want my customers to get best of the stable
paths, i.e. I'd like to see method to dynamically worsen routes in path
selection that are unstable, local-pref would be the obvious choice for me.

--
  ++ytti