RE: TransAtlantic Cable Break

  • From: Rod Beck
  • Date: Fri Jun 22 14:13:04 2007

Title: RE: TransAtlantic Cable Break

Protected 10 gig waves NYC/London are extremely expensive. Say $60K or more per month.

So it usually makes sense for the Layer 3 guys to lease diversely routed 10 gig waves and do the protection themselves using MPLS or load balancing or some other protocol about which I know little ...

Roderick S. Beck
Hibernia Atlantic
1 Passage du Chantier, 75012 Paris
http://www.hiberniaatlantic.com
Wireless: 1-212-444-8829.
Landline: 33-1-4346-3209
[email protected]
[email protected]
``Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.'' Albert Einstein.