Re: AT&T $10 DSL plan

  • From: Jeff Shultz
  • Date: Fri Jun 22 12:53:55 2007

The Qwest/MSN deal is similar - not as cheap, but a lot cheaper than Qwest/anyone else. It's annoying, but we still win on customer service.

William Allen Simpson wrote:

Apparently, this has been in the news for a couple of days, but only just hit my hometown paper....

===

AT&T Inc. has started offering a broadband Internet service for $10 a month,
cheaper than any advertised plan. The DSL, or digital subscriber line, plan
introduced Saturday is part of the concessions made by AT&T to the Federal
Communications Commission to get its $86 billion acquisition of BellSouth
Corp. approved last December. The $10 offer is available to customers in the
22-state AT&T service region, which includes Michigan, who have never had
AT&T or BellSouth broadband.

===

Basically, it's only available to *OUR* customers that switch!

What the heck is the FCC thinking?

Did AT&T basically say, "Please don't throw me into that briar patch."

I cannot even lease dialup lines from AT&T/BS at that rate.  It will put
all competitors out of business.

Anybody considering a lawsuit to stop this happening?

--
Jeff Shultz