Re: Software or PHP/PERL scripts for simple network management?

  • From: alex
  • Date: Tue Jun 19 20:11:53 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Leigh Porter wrote:

> Do Pilosoft supply such a product? All the ones I tried so far suck soo
> much that I could never use them.
>
> Right now we manage address space with mysql and perl scripts...
It is very much an internal system, designed to meet our needs, as such it
is tightly integrated with the rest of the systems - billing, customer
management, network mapping, etc.

I've been giving some thought to cleaning it up and releasing it under
some sort of a public license in hope it'll be useful to someone, but
unfortunately hasn't found time yet :(

I think realistically, even if you have full source, it'll be good for the
ideas how to do things, it will be *very hard* to separate the IP
management out of everything else.

(IP management is maybe few hundred lines of perl pl/pgsql code total)

hth

-alex