Re: Software or PHP/PERL scripts for simple network management?

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Mon Jun 18 15:36:34 2007

On 2007-06-18-11:45:37, Drew Weaver <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation of any software products either
> commercial or freeware which will import the ip routing table from
> one of my routers/switches and display it in a sorted manner? [...]

I'd configure a 'nix host running openbgpd[1] as a BGP peer.  This
approach works great for periodic dumps and offline analysis of your
routing table.

I'll refrain from commenting on the wisdom in walking your RIB as a
_means_ of address assignment (and not merely a safeguard), so as to
avoid steering this discussion off-topic. :-)

-a

[1] <http://www.openbgpd.org/>