Re: FBI tells the public to call their ISP for help

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Sat Jun 16 09:11:26 2007

In article <[email protected]>, Scott Weeks <[email protected]> writes
If Joe Sixpack has a Mac, calls his ISP for help, is told the ISP only supports Micro$loth, asks for escalation and can't get that (or even doesn't ask for escalation) I would think Joe would move to another ISP. Thus my earlier statement that the ISP which does this we-support-Micro$loth-only crazyness is doomed to failure.

No, they are only doomed to service the 90% (or whatever) of the market that is running that particular software.

I'm surprised no-one has said it's largely a training issue: you can have people on the helpline who are experienced at talking customers through issues on a well know and well understood (warts and all) platform, but when the customer is using something with minority market penetration it gets really difficult really quickly.
--
Roland Perry