RE: 24x7 Support Strategies

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Fri Jun 15 00:22:15 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Daniel J McDonald wrote:

The CCIE Lab used to be like an oral exam.  Two days, pretty much
one-on-one with two proctors.  There were four guys in the facility when
I took the lab, and I didn't see them at all other than the 30 minute
orientation to the lab and for an hour at supper (supervised by the
proctors).  I understand it has shrunk significantly now.

CCIE salaries have not increased that much in the past 3 years.

Of the 14,000+ CCIEs:
http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/certified_ccies/worldwide.html
in 2004 the average salary was $102K:
http://tcpmag.com/salarysurveys/article.asp?EditorialsID=257
whereas in 2007 it is now closer to $90K:
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Certification=Cisco_Certified_Internetwork_Expert_(CCIE)/Salary
although here they list it here as $116K:
http://www.bradreese.com/compensation-database.htm

-Hank