Re: 24x7 Support Strategies (DC Cooling)

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Thu Jun 14 11:10:42 2007

At 10:33 AM 6/14/2007, you wrote:
Didn't we discuss the need for standard water connectors not so long
ago? Water over Ethernet?

The new Liebert GX high density cooling gear is pretty slick. It uses a liquid which turns to a gas if the line is breached. It provides the advantages of liquid cooling, but without the hazards of having water leaks inside the datacenter. We aren't using it yet, but we did investigate it to get better cooling with the last AC upgrade/addition cycle. We stayed with conventional air cooling due to equipment footprint restrictions. Our current datacenter heat load is about 125-150W/sq. ft. and it is only rising.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin