Re: 24x7 Support Strategies

  • From: Leigh Porter
  • Date: Thu Jun 14 08:01:07 2007

Even my recent experience says no here. I had a CCIE (written..!) in for an interview and, well, I am not sure how he managed to get CCIE written but he sure as hell didn't know much.

There are some useful qualifications for ISP potential employees that the LINX provide in conjunction with some training companies, these are good for NOC or junior engineers but at the end of the routing table there's no substitute for getting people who have had a few years to screw up other people's networks and learn what not to do..

-- Leigh

Neil J. McRae wrote:
I doubt it maybe training companies!

A number of vendors have grades to meet. So X number of certified experts
mean better deals from said vendor.

Regards,
Neil.

Does anybody actually put any stock in the presence or absence of vendor certifications on a resume when judging the capabilities of an engineer?

There's no correlation between certification and capability, in my experience.