Re: 24x7 Support Strategies

  • From: Sam Stickland
  • Date: Thu Jun 14 07:55:29 2007

Joe Abley wrote:

On 14-Jun-2007, at 02:32, Sam Stickland wrote:

Does anyone have any CCIE (or equivalent technical ability) staff on a 24x7 shift? What about CCIE level staff on an on-call rota with a garanteed response time? How about CCNP?

Does anybody actually put any stock in the presence or absence of vendor certifications on a resume when judging the capabilities of an engineer?

There's no correlation between certification and capability, in my experience.
I fully agree with you Joe, but I needed to quantify the level of technical expertise somehow. I think most people have some kind of a feel for what level we are talking about if we say "equivalent techincal ability to CCIE", even if there are CCIEs out there who are useless ;)