Re: Network Level Content Blocking (UK)

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu Jun 07 16:54:58 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:40:20 +0200, Iljitsch van Beijnum said:

> Interestingly, nobody has mentioned on the list what the offending
> content is yet. Or why this would even remotely be a good idea.

Quoting the article http://publicaffairs.linx.net/news/?p=497

"At present, the government does not propose to require UK ISPs to block
content and our policy is to pursue a self-regulatory approach wherever
possible. However, our legislation as drafted provides the flexibility to
accomodate a change in Government policy should the need ever arise."

Lot of different ways to read that depending on your paranoia level.  The
phrase "Slippery Slope" does come to mind, however...