Re: NAT Multihoming

  • From: Simon Leinen
  • Date: Sun Jun 03 17:20:53 2007

Donald Stahl writes:
> When an ISP's caching name servers ignore your 3600 TTL and
> substitute an 86400 TTL you end up disconnected for ~12 hours
> instead of ~30 minutes-

You write "when" rather than "if" - is ignoring reasonable TTLs
current practice?

(Ignoring routing updates for small routes used to be common practice,
at least if they happen frequently enough.)

> That's unacceptable for a almost any company willing to go through
> the trouble of getting an ASN.

Ignoring reasonable TTLs is rude and should be unacceptable for the
hypothetical ISP's customers, so I assume this problem will get fixed
by normal commercial pressure.  Red herring?
--
Simon.