Re: IPv6 Training?

  • From: Nathan Ward
  • Date: Sun Jun 03 03:17:49 2007

On 3/06/2007, at 6:49 PM, Petri Helenius wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
Alex Rubenstein writes:

Does anyone know of any good IPv6 training resources (classroom, or
self-guided)?

If your router vendor supports IPv6 (surprisingly, many do!):

Too bad the IPv6 support on the low-end Ciscos is mostly broken in many ways (does not work on WLAN, does not work across the local 4 port switch, etc.) , which are also the routers most classrooms could afford.

Indeed. Our little not-corporate-so-it-actually-works network has an 877W. We don't use the W bit anymore, so that I could turn on IPv6 and get our guys some experience actually using it for 'real life' applications outside of a routing lab.
Not only is it not supported on dot11radio interfaces, it's not supported on BVIs and the various bridging things don't appear to want to bridge it.

Unless these boxes get IPv6 support really fast, I will definitely be recommending against customers using them.

--
Nathan Ward