Re: IPv6 Advertisements

  • From: Donald Stahl
  • Date: Thu May 31 11:07:56 2007

The upside is that in the block you're expected to accept /48s, nobody will have a /32. The downside is that anyone who gets a larger-than-minimum sized allocation/assignment can deaggregate down to that level.
I don't think ARIN is planning on giving out more less a /48 but more than a /32- at least that was the impression I got. End sites get a /48- ISP's get a /32 or larger- and that's it (I could certainly be wrong). As such, deaggragation in the /48 block should not be an issue because no one will have more than a /48 in the first place.

-Don