Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted

  • From: Andy Davidson
  • Date: Thu May 31 07:40:13 2007

On 29 May 2007, at 14:49, Alexander Harrowell wrote:

Isn't his point that y! could offer IPv6 e-mail in parallel to the
existing IPv4 service, putting the IPv6 machines in a subdomain
ipv6.yahoo.com, so that end users and networks who want to do it can
do so without bothering the others?

This doesn't sound at all like a transitional plan whatsoever. If my home and office have v6 connections, but a hotel I am staying at does not, I shouldn't need to start reconfiguring layer 7 properties in my applications.

Some of my colleagues wont even know how to.

Andy