Re: Microsoft and Teredo

  • From: Nathan Ward
  • Date: Wed May 30 19:45:46 2007

On 31/05/2007, at 10:52 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

Hi Nathan,

I can probably talk about our own experience ...

We started running Teredo Server+Relay in the Windows 2003 implementation
around 3-4 years ago (not completely sure right now). Unfortunately, when
the Service Pack (SP1 I think) was released, stopped working.

Until then it was working perfectly, not any issue.

Then we moved to a Linux with Miredo, and it has been working since them,
first with the 6Bone prefix from Microsoft, then on 6/6/2006, we moved to
the RFC one, 2001::/32.

No issues at all.

Where does it live in your network, at each POP, or just in a datacenter somewhere? Infact, what kind of network are you? (content, transit, access)
How have you configured clients to talk to your Teredo server instead of the default MS one?
How do you get to the world? Native IPv6 or tunnels?
Has it improved reachability/reliability of dual stack or v6-only content? How do you know?
Any thoughts about how content providers could use Teredo servers/ relays to improve their connectivity?

--
Nathan Ward