RE: NANOG 40 agenda posted

  • From: michael.dillon
  • Date: Wed May 30 05:56:57 2007

> > In the past we've used "www6" for v6 only, "www4" for v4 only, and
> > "www" has both v6 and v4.

> Which works fine for you and me, but not for my mother.

Which means it is an excellent suggestion for the transition phase into
an IPv6 Internet. Since that happens to be where we are right now, IPv6
transition, this is an excellent all-round idea for all services and
servers. We should adopt this as a best-practice.

In a few years, when IPv6 is everywhere and your mother comes online
with IPv6, then we will be out of the transition period and a new set of
best practices comes into play.

--Michael Dillon