Re: IPv6 Advertisements

  • From: William F. Maton Sotomayor
  • Date: Tue May 29 20:04:10 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007, David Conrad wrote:

Should've clarified: this was in the context of IPv4...

To be honest, I'm not sure what the appropriate equivalent would be in IPv6 (/128 or /64? Arguments can be made for both I suppose).

There have been discussions of this sort made over the years. A good place to start would be the old (well, maybe not that old) 6Net site where there's a list of publications called 'Deliverables'. The info is buried in other, but amongst other things it contains deployment scenarios as well as cookbooks decumenting IPv6 deigns and roll-outs, and what they learned from it all. Lot's to read, but good info nonetheless:

http://www.6net.org/publications/deliverables/

Rgds, -drc