RE: IPv6 Advertisements

  • From: Azinger, Marla
  • Date: Tue May 29 16:17:07 2007

/48's handed out by ARIN are most likely in the PI range that ARIN has deamed for PI use only.  Networks are aware of the PI block and have opened their filters to let /48 or more specific through if and only if it comes from the special IP block.  That said...not everyone is letting more specific than a /32 through no matter what IP block it comes from.

~Marla