Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted

  • From: Leo Vegoda
  • Date: Tue May 29 14:36:23 2007

On 29 May 2007, at 5:22pm, David Conrad wrote:

[...]

they should not notice it.

They shouldn't, but they will. Having had the fun of trying to figure out why I lost connectivity to a site (then realizing it was because I had connected via IPv6 instead of IPv4 and IPv6 routing ... changed), the current IPv6 infrastructure is, shall we say, not quite production ready.

They already do. This popped up in my feed reader today:

http://ask.metafilter.com/63532/Trouble-with-Firefox

it ends with this comment: "If your hosting provider is serving your domain with IPv6, then it is time to find a new provider."

Regards,

Leo