Re: IPv6 Advertisements

  • From: Donald Stahl
  • Date: Tue May 29 11:42:35 2007

That said- ARIN is handing out /48's- should we be blocking validly
assigned networks?

your network might have to to protect it's valuable routing slots. There are places in the v4 world where /24's are not carried either. So, as Bill said just cause you get an allocation doesn't mean you can assure routability of it everywhere.
I understand the problems but I think there are clear cut cases where /48's make sense- a large scale anycast DNS provider would seem to be a good candidate for a /48 and I would hope it would get routed. Then again that might be the only sensible reason...

-Don