Re: IPv6 Advertisements

  • From: Donald Stahl
  • Date: Tue May 29 09:34:01 2007

Anything more specific than /32 is going to be filtered at some portion of the ISPs whether for the good or bad. There are some subsets of the v6 address space that have a higher chance of /48 working (for some definition of 'working') than other parts of the address space, though.
More specific advertisements always stand a chance of being blocked. I was more interested in whether or not people know of places where they are actively being blocked and why.

That said- ARIN is handing out /48's- should we be blocking validly assigned networks?

-Don