Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted

  • From: matthew zeier
  • Date: Tue May 29 01:12:01 2007

That is, of course, after I find some way to get my /48 announced... none of my upstreams currently offer native v6 (not sure about tunnels yet) so I'm a content provider without any global v6 connectivity :(

matthew zeier wrote:

With Vista and OS X turning on IPv6 natively, as well as Vista's love for 6to4 and Teredo, are your helpdesk staff skilled enough to deal with problems if say, Google or Yahoo! were to turn on AAAA records tomorrow? This is here now, and if we want this to happen without pain, I think we need to be acting.

I'd actually be interested in what the right answer is for that -

Over at Mozilla, I'm working to flip on v6 versions of some web properties and other services but haven't yet gotten to the supportability issues and what it means for Joe End User.