Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted

  • From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
  • Date: Sun May 27 14:32:48 2007

Those are different things and I can't agree with you.

I¹m not saying that using a translator is the best thing to do. I will
prefer not to go that way, and that requires the services and contents to be
dual-stacked, but is better a translator than nothing if no other way.

Regarding the relays (I guess you mean relay when talking about gateways),
they are part of the transition, and they are required. You like it or not.
Actually I think they are a very good thing.

Unfortunately, we can't agree all to just switch off all the Internet,
upgrade to IPv6 and disable IPv4, so transition is needed and it is a smart
thing.

Regards,
Jordi